Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Supporting through ART: Black Lives Matter

"But what can I do?"
In the recent uproar regarding the Black Lives Matter movement, I couldn't help but feel confused and lost about how I could best support what I believe in.  I live in Nepal - 8,000 miles away from my home in the US.  But I knew I had to do something.  So, I turned to my sketchpad.  And I figured out how I could support: through art.

Reading time: 1 minute


As some of you may know, I started a website for my art about three months ago.  Making mandalas has been a source of healing and growth for me since 2017, and it has been so transformative to release them for the world to see.  Yesterday, I put up a piece of special importance: "BLM", for "Black Lives Matter."


This piece began with the central eye, the witness to everything, and expanded out into symbols of empowerment, solidarity, and progress toward equality.

Through creating this piece, I found a perspective of hope.  I had been feeling primarily upset and overwhelmed, but after working on this mandala, I realized that what is happening is instigating change for the better.  There is light in the darkness.


On the webpage about this piece, you can read more about it, see the creation process, and purchase it as a shirt or print.


For all purchases of this piece, 100% of profits will be donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to improve equal access to education.

Your support of this piece would mean so much.  It is my hope that the artwork will spread a message of optimism, and will keep this movement close to our hearts now and far into the future.

If you are interested in buying the piece, you can do so here: BLM Store Page.

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to read this.  Any and all support is appreciated beyond words.  

Sending you so much love and strength in these challenging times!

💪🏾

No comments:

Post a Comment